Ver este sitio en Español

General Questions

What do I do in case of emergency?

If you are experiencing a life threatening emergency, please call 911 IMMEDIATELY or go directly to the nearest emergency department.

How do I make an appointment?

You can call our office at 540.722.2369 and a receptionist will be happy to assist you with scheduling an appointment.

Can I make an appointment if I'm a new patient?

Yes. We are currently scheduling new patients. However, you may be placed on a waiting list and please be advised,
your appointment could be scheduled out approximately 4 to 6 weeks.

Do you accept my insurance plan?

Winchester Family Health Center participates in many private insurance plans. We also participate with Medicaid and Medicare.
Please call our office with any questions concerning our participation with your insurance. You can also contact your insurance carrier directly.

Do you offer same day sick appointments?

Yes. You may call and schedule same-day sick appointments, if available.

What if I need to reschedule or cancel and appointment?

Please contact the office as soon as possible to reschedule or cancel an appointment. We urge you to kindly give a 48-hour notice so that we can continue to utilize our same day scheduling effectively.

How do I request a refill for my prescription?

Please DO NOT call the office for prescription refills. Take or call the refill to your pharmacy and they will send an electronic request to our office. Please allow 24-48 hours for the refill to process. Should a medication require a prior authorization, please be advised it will take at least 24 hours and can take up to 72 hours.

Am I expected to pay at the time of service?

Yes. Payment/Co-payment is required at the time of service.

Does WFHC have bilingual interpreters available?

Yes. WFHC has numerous staff, including providers, who are bilingual in several languages.

If I am applying for the sliding fee, what documentation will I need to bring to the office?

If you are applying for sliding fee, you will need to bring proof of HOUSEHOLD income. (Everyone in the household who has an income.) Examples of income: tax return, pay stubs for a consecutive 30-day period, award letters from Social Security and/or unemployment, or court documents providing award of child support or alimony.